CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Suze Orman

A couple of years ago I realized that the only way for me to get ahead financially was to take control of my money. I was in over my head with credit cards, school loans, and my car payment. I thought I would never recover. I felt like my entire life was going to be spent working for the money, rather than working for the fun of it. Like all the money I made was going to go to bills for my entire life.

Then I came across Suze Orman. She is a financial genius! She writes and talks a lot about women and finances. When I would hear her speak on talk shows or CNN, her points that caught me most were the points on the fact that credit cards and loans kill you because of the interest. I know that's a duh point, but for some reason hearing that fact usually goes in one ear and out the other with most people, as it did with me for years. I began taking charge and listening to what she had to say, and I am happily on the road to soon becoming debt free.

Now I am focusing on investments and all that hoopla. I don't know much about any of that yet, but as before, I just caught Suze on CNN talking about the huge pludge on Wall St. today. I am sure many people are panicking (sp?), but something about what she was saying left me feeling optomistic. I, currently, do not have money invested, but I plan to start soon. I am starting to believe that now is the time. Especially since I have 40 or 50 years until I will need to start thinking about retirement and using my investments for that. The way the market is right now, Suze believes it may not recover until 2015 or so. That means begin able to get it now, while stocks are low, and hope for some great increases by the time I pull the money out in 2050.

I still have a lot to learn about the whole investment/stocks/bond area, but I am feeling like the time is getting closer to really taking advantage of it.

0 comments: