CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh, the life of a nanny!

This pic was taken about a month ago. Can you guess which one was mine? Each boy had their own style for painting. The one on the left had more of a "smear the paint around" method, while the one on the right was "slap it, slap it". It's actually pretty interesting. The 'slap it, slap it" idea came from a book that we had been reading, "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb". In the book there are monkeys drumming on drums, so we always drum on the book, "dum, ditty, dum, ditty, dum, dum, dum!" He was doing that while the paint was on the paper.

Anyways, today we had a fun, unplanned morning. There hasn't been much going on around the valley worth wasting gas on, so we've been staying at home most morning. While I just had one boy this morning, we ventured out to a local park that has quickly become a fav of mine! At around 9:30 we returned home to play with my second boy. The boys hadn't seen eachother in almost a week, so they immediately went to playing with trains, cars, and high heels together. Yes, having older sisters has its perks! :P

I decided I wanted to join in on their fun (it's kind of boring being left out!) so I turned on the CD player and began shaking my sillies out! Let's just say, if this house has a nanny cam, they better share the $100,000 prize from America's Funniest Home Videos. Dancing led to being thirsty, and drinking led to being hungry. What did the boys want? Peanut Butter. While peanut butter and crackers would have been the easy way out, I decided I wanted them to have bananas for snack. So, I concocted a Peanut Butter and Banana GOOP! (Just mashed up PB and B) I thought it tasted pretty good. One little one agreed! The other...not so much. He loves PB. He loves Bananas. But mixed, I guess not.


Then I decided that these boys needed a little lesson on baking. There were a couple of bananas that had been calling my name asking me to bake them into some banana bread. So, today was the day! Yum! I love Banana bread but have never been able to come close to the taste of the bread my grandma used to make. Her's was THE BEST! Quickly, I googled a simple recipe and got to work. The boys helped...watch. One liked to stir the mixture, while the other watched. I have to say, this bread came out pretty darn close to my grandma's. It was YUMMY! I think I am going to have to save the recipe. We only made 1/2 the recipe, so it was a lot smaller than it should have been. Oh, and the pic is only half of what we made. The other half is in our tummies!


Fun morning!

0 comments: