I had tonight off from everything, so I decided to spend the last 2 1/2 hours filling my brain with what ever I could. That almost always means a trip to livescience.com. They always have the recent studies or findings in most areas of life. It's very interesting. Tonight it seemed like there were a lot of interesting articles. Here are a few that I found:
1. Your Astrological Sign May Not Be What You Think It Is This article basically said that the signs we use today are based on the positioning of the constellations 2200 years ago. Well, those constellations have moved over time (from something called precession) and really, the constellation in the sky when we were born may be different. I looked up a few people that I knew and found that almost everyone I looked up had changed. Only 1 or 2 that I could think of had not. Forget being a vicious Scorpio, I'm really a laidback Libra. So, here's what they are saying the new chart should look like.
Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17 (A new sign)
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20
2. Tattoos Could Replace Needle Sticks For Diabetics This article said that they are working on a way to oleviate diabetics needing to use a needle to test gluclose level by injecting them with a permenate batch of microbeads. These microbeads would go under their skin and detect the level of glucose in their system by changing colors when levels were high. The person would just need to shine a special light on the area to illuminate the lit beads. Um, great idea, but I think diabetics may become a trendsetter. Think of all the people that will want these special tattoos! All they would have to do is eat a ton of sugar to show off their tattoo, and then hold back on the sugar when the tattoo may become a distraction. Shoot, I'm already wanting one! GO SUNDEVILS!!!
3. Divorce Squanders Earth's Resources This was just a really interesting article that made sense. Read it!
Those are just a few of the things floating around in my brain looking for a place to stay.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Why Live Science is my favorite website...
Posted by Nicole at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment