So, tonight I re-stumbled upon an interesting website. The Arizona Department of Corrections website. I don't know anyone in the system right now, but they do have a list of former inmates. Still, I only knew of one or two. My life is full of goody-goodies. Anyways, on the site I noticed a link to current inmates serving life sentences. That then led to the link for executed people. While I didn't find their reasons for being executed interesting (killed someone was most common) I did find the note of their preferred last meal interesting.
I looked at all 23 executed people's last meal request. I didn't look at them in detail, but after a few I noticed a trend. I found that of the 23 people, 10 had requested eggs in their final meal. I tried to analyze this and figure out why. Here are a couple of my ideas. I think that many of the people who were being executed may have had their last meal in the morning. I don't know why I thought this, but it would make sense if so many requested eggs. Though their last meal can be what ever they want, if it coincides with breakfast time the inmates may choose breakfast foods. But here's another thought. Maybe their final meal is a meal full of foods that they truly enjoy. Maybe these inmates truly enjoyed the eggs. Maybe not the eggs themselves but the memory of the eggs being an important factor in an even better memory. Maybe the inmates are using their last meal to remember a mealtime they enjoyed with others. Maybe breakfast time was a time when they were around family or people they loved. Like their mother's. I know when I was a kid, my mom's breakfasts were always the best.
I don't know. I was just looking at the trends to see what I could come up with. Also noticable, Hispanics liked burritos (green chile were common).
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Because I can.
Posted by Nicole at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment