CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

College Mascots

Tonight was the first ASU Football game of the year. I have been waiting for the season to start since I got my tickets in May!

Well, the topic for tonight was not how well the team was playing or how we expected the season to go. No, it was about Mascots. We played Northern Arizona State tonight. Their mascot is the Lumberjack.


Now, I know it is somewhat intimidating, but not too bad. It led to a discussion on less intimidating mascots in college sports. Amy and Adam taught me about the Rainbows of the University of Hawaii. But the least intimidating mascot goes to...



The Fighting Artichoke, of Scottsdale Community College. Yep, here in the lovely Arizona we have probably the wimpiest mascot of the entire nation. It's still up for debate as I search through the mascot list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._college_mascots

Wait, wait, wait....I've found a competitor for Artie the Artichoke
Okay, it's not the best quality, but you are looking at the Fighting Okra!

0 comments: