CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 2, 2007

I think I can! I think I can!

I am on a mission. I WILL finish the new Gabriel Garcia Marquez, "Love in the Time of Cholera" in less than a week. I know, I know, I shouldn't rush myself. That will only make me miss some of the important points. But I really have wanted to read this book for some time now. Last night I was invited to a private screening (on Nov. 8th) of the movie, which comes out in 2 weeks. After replying to the invitation I decided that I really wanted to read the book before seeing the movie to have a better understanding. I was invited by a journalist friend of mine. After the screening there will be a discussion for all to participate in. I want to feel in the loop. I have not read G.G. Marquez's other known books (including, 100 years of Solitude), so I am going to be at a disadvantage already. :( Anyways, Love in the Time of Cholera is about a man and woman who fall in love in their youth, but never marry. The man is really never able to get into a meaningful relationship after the woman marries another man. 5o+ years later they are once again reunited somewhat purposefully. Okay, so I am bad at synopses, so look it up for yourself. I am about 50 pages into the 400 page book and really enjoying it so far. Only 350 pages or so left, and 6 days. Can I do it? I think I can!

0 comments: