As many of you know I love music. I use music a lot to define my moods. If I am overly tired and have a lot on my mind I opt for something fast and something I wouldn't sing to, like techno. If I am feeling mellow I turn to soft rock (okay, I will admit, I am bad with genres so is soft rock like 99.9?) For the most part, I listen to 80's, 90's, and today's hits (aka, Mix 96.9). Over the past couple of years my favorite songs have been about admirerers in the distance. Songs where the singers are talking about a love they have for someone who doesn't acknowledge them. I always thought that this would be kind of romantic to have someone write a song about you that tells about how much they love or like you and wish you were their's. There are hundreds of songs like this. But what if the person that was writing the songs for you was someone you were totally not into? What would you think? I got to thinking about this for a couple of reasons. One of which was because I heard that the "Delilah" girl that the Plain White T's wrote their song for was actually completely weirded out by having a song written about her by the lead singer. She now won't even talk to him.
Anyways, I posted a couple of songs in my playlist that are like this. Pretend I wrote these songs for YOU! YES, YOU!! What would you say?
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Romantic or psychotic? That is the question.
Posted by Nicole at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Did you steal Santana/ft. Chad Kroeger from me? Any who, I would be flattered if a person cared that much to make a song for me. And then I would think about the words that were written
And maybe be a little weirded out but I wouldn't FREAK out like that girl did. I once had a guy write this really deep poem for me and it was about him and I, and at first when I read it I though it was sooo sweet but then when I read it again it was just WAY to deep and it kinda freak me out. So I told him very nicely and gentley that I was flattered but I just didn't feel the same way he did at this momentand I said I would totally understand if you want this poem back.He loved my honesty and framed the poem for me. The End.
Post a Comment