CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"The media should stop treating polls as if they are factual information"

I got that quote from Why Presidential Polls Are Wrong. I am actually excited about the elections this year. Honestly, I think I get excited about the presidential elections everytime is comes around. You know me, I'm always looking forward to what the future has to offer. I'm optomistic. There is just something about the presidential races that intrigues me. Maybe it's that the electoral process really takes place in less than a year's time span. It seems like a long time, but it really goes pretty fast. In one year and 11 days, we will have a new president.

I will be honest, I don't know jack about politics. I would never make a good president to anything...well, except maybe the Gwen Stefani fan club. Being a president of a celebrity fan club is probably like being a professional stalker. I can do that! Anyways, back to politics. I think that being a president is just like any other professional job. It takes a certain person to really be able to handle that job and find that it comes natural to them. Someone that knows that even though the job comes naturally to them, they know there are others that they must rely on for assistance.

I am still a month away before the primaries here in Arizona, but I am feeling more and more strongly for a particular canditate that I feel possesses (sp?) these qualities and is able to take on the issues in the various areas of American life (i.e., immigration, economics, overall foreign affairs). Sure there are things I don't agree with that this candidate has done, but the likelih ood of finding someone that I agree with 100% is about about as likely as me being president. So, with that I have realized that whether I vote or not we will be electing a new president in November, so I might as well research the candidates and vote for who I think will help this country the best.

0 comments: