CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Nicole shook Bill's Hand!!!

Oh, my goodness. Where do I even start????? I am super pumped tonight. I don't think I will ever go to bed. Wait. There was a yawn. Anyways, for previous Hillary Clinton encounters refer to my previous posts. This blog will be about my Bill Clinton encounter. Saturday I am volunteering for the Hillary campaign in Phx. She is visiting Phx Saturday night. There will be another post about that!

Anyways, back to Bill! So, it was announced a couple of nights ago that Bill would be visiting the valley in support of his wife. I really wanted to go, so I RSVP'ed to see him. Again, I learned RSVP's mean NOTHING! Figuring so much, I got there 3 hours early. Yes, 3. I skipped dinner to go to the talk straight from work. I thought that if there weren't anyone in line yet I would walk over to some fast food joint and get some grub. Well, when I got there I was probably about the 150th person. Seriously. Someone counted and there were 164 people in front of me (hey, we were there 3 hours early. Counting was one of the many things that occupied our time.) After a while, about 100 people were added to that 160 in front of us because they joined their friends. No problem, I was still going to get in.

While waiting in line I made a new friend...thank goodness. I was in a short sleeve shirt with no sweater and if it weren't for her lending me one of her extra sweaters I would have been frozen by 7. She and I worked together and when we got in the auditorium we were able to get seats about 13 rows from the front. The first 10 rows were for VIPs. Bill Clinton truly is a great speaker. He explains things so well, especially for those of us that aren't familiar with politics and are unaware of certain things going on in the US.

Okay, I'm getting tired so I am just going to post some pics. First of all, I was one of the first one's up to the front. When everyone else thought there was no way Bill would come out and shake our hands, I believed. As a result, when he did come out I was trampled on. One of the security guards was watchin' out for me and had his hand over my purse (which was sitting on the stage) so that no one could sneak there hand and take it. I thought that was cool. Another note, I shook Bill Clinton's hand at least 3 times. I lost count. Thirdly, everyone started handing the security guards with Bill signs to have him sign. I was one of them. But, when I handed it to the guy I made eye contact with him, gave a slight smile, and said Thank you. This may sound cheesy, but it paid off. When he brought back all the signed posters of course there were going to be people who gave a poster to sign, but wouldn't give it back. Well, because of my eye contact, the guard (with one poster left in his hand) saw me and handed it back to me while other's tried to grab it. It was pretty cool. I immediately left very satisfied in the night. As I walked out of the building, the police stopped everyone so that the motorcade and all their cars could exit. My last glimpse as Bill Clinton left.

0 comments: