A song just started playing on the radio called, "If I had a million dollars" so I decided to make a wish list of things I would buy for myself and for others. The total of all items below would be at or less than $1,000,000. Otherwise, why limit my dream spending to just one million. Here it goes...
1. I'd buy a house (duh!). Location? Unsure. It's between Chandler, AZ, Portland, OR, and Deale, MD. (Cost: Not to exceed $250,000. Well, with that Maryland may be out of the question)
Chandler, AZ $250,000


Vancouver, WA $259,000
Oh, my goodness! I fell in love with this house. Look at how open it is! So what if it's over my fictional limit!



Upper Marlboro, MD $300,000 (Okay, I search and the best thing I could find was over my limit. My limit would have been a run-down home that needed thousands in repairs.)


Of those, Vancouver's looking very nice!


Of those, Vancouver's looking very nice!
2. I'd buy my mom a house. She lives in a nice, beautiful area, so I could easily bum at her house on my summer getaways. (Cost: $150,000)
Pinetop, AZ $139,000
There's something about this house that I like...and it's not the outside paint. That would be changed.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2534-Royene-Drive_Pinetop_AZ_85935_1104293682

3. I'd buy my dad a car. A new simple compact car or something would suit him. Nothing too extravagant. That's not him. (Cost: Less than $30,000)
2008 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid $24,000 (This is SOOO my dad's car! Love it!)

Oh, and I need a car...
My biggest annoyance with my car is that there is not enough room for two car seats to stay in my car at all times. If I do, then that means I can't drive friends or anyone else around. So...
2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid: Less than $40,000

4. I'd pay for Michael and Brittney to go back to school. They are smart. Money should not be an excuse to miss out on learning. (Cost: Less than $40,000 for their Bachelors, I think)

(Hey, I pay, I pick...LOL. Nah, but if they're smart...)
5. I'd, of course, pay off my debt. (Cost: $25,000, maybe less when I actually do win a million!)
$$$$$
So, what's the total on that... With the Vancouver home, $532,000. I would probably set aside $100,000 for investments/retirement and the rest would go to family and a couple of friends' debt. Oh, and I would buy an Ipod!
Ipod Nano $150
A million dollars goes fast now-a-days!
A million dollars goes fast now-a-days!
0 comments:
Post a Comment