A couple of years ago my friend/boss, Lisa, told me I really should read this book. I was going through some change that was affecting my outlook on life. I don't remember what it was. Since then, whenever I'm experiencing any type of change, I think of this book...and I haven't even read it!
I love change, it brings new experiences, but that initial transition period always leaves me doubtful of my decisions. Last WEDNESDAY my gym let it's members know that it was going to be closing the location I frequented...in just 5 days...which was TONIGHT! That, of course, left me trying to figure out what I wanted to do, cancel my membership and find another gym or move to another location.
I loved my gym. I had my regular peeps that I felt comfortable around. It was full of many different workout equipment, a large location, a swimming pool, cycling room, aerobic room, the works!!! The locker room/bathroom was big and had changing stalls. My gym was closer to work than home, but it was on my way home so I would hit the gym after work. It was also close to the 101/202 freeway, so I could workout afterwork then head to Scottsdale if I had a night job. It was perfect! Oh, and while it was a large location, it was never really busy (which could be why it was closed).
The other location is almost exactly the same. It's still along my way to and from work, but slightly closer to home. It would definitely be hard to hit the gym inbetween day job and night jobs. And, if that location were to close there would be no other location to go to. That's it. Just one location left. But I love the atmosphere in that gym!
This weekend, in a very impromptu (sp?) visit to a big chain gym, I got a membership. It seems to have many of the same machines as my gym, and definitely a greater number of cardio machines (because they have more members to use them). Since it is a chain, there are many locations in my area. One by work, one by home, a few in Scottsdale, and a few spread out wherever I may be. AND, depending on where I move this summer, my membership would transfer EASILY! It's a few dollars more a month, but with the increase in locations it's worth it. And if I move to LA I will still be charged the AZ rate, which is about $10 cheaper a month! My problem with the gym...There are soooooo many people there. They only have 3 of my favorite cardio machine and they were being used the entire hour I was there tonight. Another problem...no changing stalls. The locker room is small, showers aren't that great, and if you don't want to show yourself to everyone walking through, you have to change in the bathroom stall...which, by the way, has sensored toilets and totally wastes water if you're moving around in there trying to change. The whole no changing stalls thing really bugs me!
Ultimately, I think I've decided to stick with the larger, more conveniently located gym, however my membership at my original gym will not expire until the end of March. Cancelling it now would still mean I would have to pay next month...according to the contract. I'm looking into that, though. So for the next month or so I have a membership to 2 gyms. I actually think I will use them both...especially if my fav machine continues to be constantly occupied! Or, I have 2 days left to cancel my new membership for a full refund...What am I going to do???
Monday, February 23, 2009
Who Moved My Cheese?
Posted by Nicole at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment