CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life.

Lately , whenever I see a teen/young adult I get this feeling of sympathy for them. Not sympathy because they are a teen and going through the awkward high school years. No, sympathy for the coming adult years. Let me see if I can explain...

When I was probably junior high age, I felt sorry for all those elementary school kids that had to stay in one class all day. And I couldn't wait to be in high school, where there seemed to be more independence on choosing your classes and hanging out with friends.

When I was in high school, I was glad to be out of junior high because I thought all those awkward moments with friends were...well...awkward. I also looked forward to being an adult and in college. Independence was my goal.

Now I am post-college and looking back on the young adults. I look at that age group and think..."You have a lot to learn". With the economy the way it is now, I think the "learning" part has to do with finances. It took me years to figure out a realistic way for me to balance my budget and control my spending. If only that were something you could learn before you're on your own. Unfortunately for most, it is not. So, I feel sorry for those young adults who are (as I see them walk from store to store) creating years of debt to pay off.

So, what do I look forward to in the future. I can't wait to be at a stage where I can accept my relationship status. I want to be at the point where I am either happy in a relationship with an amazing person or happy with being single. I don't like this stage where I think I'm happy single, but really I am hoping there is someone out there within reach.

0 comments: