I've always worked a lot. In high school I was working 6-8 hour shifts AFTER getting out of school. And weekends were a definite. In college, same thing. 40+ hour weeks while taking a full load of classes. This last year I have been working full-time as a nanny, while picking up babysitting jobs 3-6 nights a week. Lately, I have cut back on the babysitting jobs and filled my time with stage-managing two plays. To add to that, I have become the unofficial bookkeeper for the babysitting agency I work for. I guess that's what you get when you have a hard time saying "no". Anyways, though I have been working A LOT lately, I feel better than ever. I feel more in tune with everything, in general. Working with Grace during the day I seem more aware and focused on her. At night, I focus on the play. And when I am working on bookkeeping, my focus is on that. And with being so busy, I am appreciating my "ME" time more. I know it sounds horrible to say that I have to schedule time to do stuff by myself or with friends, but I feel better having a full schedule. Less down time.
Of course, the psychologist in me has analyzed why I respond this way. But I can't test my hypothesis just yet... I'm too busy.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
I think I'm a workaholic!
Posted by Nicole at 10:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment