CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm SHORT!!!!

Today Jenn and I went shopping. I was in desperate need of some jeans, and Jenn (that skinny bitch!) was in need of some post-maternity wear. So, where do we go...Old Navy, naturally. Whenever I get jeans I buy regular length. I know I'm not tall, so I don't even look at those jeans, but I refuse to believe that I am short. I have never bought "short" any kind of pants. I know plenty of people shorter than me, therefore I am not short! Well, my current jeans are telling me different. I have seriously had to start cutting the jeans at the bottom because they get so worn from dragging on the ground. So, I gave in today. I bought my first pair of "short" jeans. It was somewhat sad.

About a month ago (August 15th to be exact) I got my license updated at the DMV. I filled out the info: age, dob, height, etc., and put 5'2" as my height because that was what I was told at my last doctor's visit. When I went up to the window to get my license info entered the gal asked me if my height was correct. I said yeah. I realized that my height listed previously was 5"4". That was from 5 years ago. I think I got that number from a doctor also. I could be wrong, but if I'm not, I think that means I'm shrinking! : O

However, today I accepted the "short" label. I think that I will just have to find ways to make me feel tall. Like possibly hanging out with kids more or Jenn. :) I did end up buying a pair of capris with my jeans today. That should make me feel taller when I wear them. I'll just call them high(high)-waters.

0 comments: