I cancelled my myspace account. I am a little afraid of what is going to happen now. I know it sounds like it was an addiction or something, and in someways I think it was. Myspace was like my memory. I think over the last few years my memory has really started to fade. It's not something medically that I am worried about, it's just that I do A LOT and often in a short period of time, so my mind is constantly moving on to the next big thing. Myspace helped me remember a lot of what was going on through the pics I would post, comments I would write, and blogs I would write. But, it also made me feel very narcissistic. I felt like I was too into myself. I got to the point where I hated reading about myself over and over and over. I didn't want to be the one that would take pictures at parties and in the back of my mind think "Myspace Pic", but that was who I became. So, with a very full schedule this fall I am hoping to concentrate on my real friendships and life rather than my cyber one. And to help with my memory, I will be journaling and blogging a lot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment