This is a blog about running. That's it. Plain and simple. Running, the verb. I'm not going to talk about running from any problems or running in a certain direction. Just running. It's surprising to me that I am even saying the word. I have always HATED running. It was a boring sport/action. I remember in elementary school and junior high I hated running the mile. I was the one that somehow got away with only running 3/4 of the mile because I would make sure to go so slow that the time I got on the 3/4 mile would actually look like a time I would get on the mile. Swimming! Now that was my sport. And just about any other activity. Bicycling, walking flights of stairs, jump roping, anything! But running sucked! Even as an adult, when I go to the gym I will do just about anything other than run on the treadmill.
Well, something changed this week. I don't know what, but suddenly I have had this burst of energy to just run. I have upped the amount of time I run daily, and am probably double anything I have ever run consistantly before. I think what it is is that I have finally built the endurance I need. I am definitely noticing that it takes more to get me tired out now. It's a great feeling.
Who knows, maybe next year I will run the Race for the Cure. :) I will say, the downside to doing more to work my body harder is that it is making me sore as ...
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Running
Posted by Nicole at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment